12 For 2012 – Daily Reminders for a Stellar Year
by Jerry Posner
1. Keep goals right up front. Review daily.
2. Appreciation, forgiveness, compassion: excellent options.
3. Aim for no regrets.
4. Increase awareness of stress triggers and disconnect ’em.
5. Inspire yourself … inspire others.
6. Inspire others … inspire yourself.
7. Simple acts of kindness – superb cost/benefit ratio.
8. Keep a “to-do” list and a “not-to-do” list.
9. Great daily choices create great habits, that’s what we want.
10. Increase emotional intelligence. Make a list of feelings you’d like to experience more frequently. Put your attention on your list once a day. Edit and revise as you see fit.
11. Express more love than in previous years.
12. Take a daily gratitude break.
13. Give your customer an unexpected little something extra!
Click on the link below to download the card.
I am delighted that my new book, ETERNAL COSMIC WISDOM AT BARGAIN BASEMENT PRICES is available on Amazon.com … and also available for the Kindle. Deep, lighthearted, profound and fun … all the the same time! But most of all – practical.
The Kindle version:
All-Purpose FORGIVENESS TOOLS by Jerry Posner
Forgiveness for my own worst mistakes,
forgiveness to the neighbor who forgets to return my rake.
Forgiveness for dads, moms, sisters. brothers,
forgiveness for bad bosses and stock market losses.
Forgiveness for my own human imperfections,
forgiveness for abandonments and rejections.
Who gets FORGIVEN?
Mama and Daddy-O.
Some enemies, too.
Loved ones who died.
The good people I’ve rejected.
Everyone else, if I want
Knuckleheads and Boopsies
Insecure Shrinking Violets and Insecure Control Freaks
The Sad Man
Offspring, Siblings, Queens and Kings
Drama Geeks and Icarus Wings
The Wayward Humiliators
Flower Blooming Hippies
It transforms EVERY relationship! That’s right! Just one act of forgiveness sets the famed “butterfly effect” into motion, and ALL relationships are given a positive boost (sometimes small, sometimes huge) since YOU are also giving yourself the positive boost!
It makes you feel really great!
It is excellent karma.
It changes mental focus, putting things into a more workable perspective, and sometimes triggering fits of cosmic consciousness enlightenment along with uninhibited happy-dancing!
Just goes to show you just how much transformational power you really do have!
FORGIVENESS PROMOTES LOVE
Thoughtfulness promotes love.
“Being the bigger person” promotes love.
Empathy, caring and compassion promote love.
Understanding, self and otherwise, promotes love.
Love promotes love.
Having fun, promotes love.
“Letting it go,” promotes love … and a feeling of healing.
WAYS TO PARTICIPATE IN THE GREAT FORGIVENESS:
1. Get a little card and write, “I love and forgive _________________.
Fill in the blank with the name of the person you’d most like to forgive. Read the card three times daily. FEEL the forgiveness as you read it.
2. Think: FIX, NOT FAULT.
3. Go easy on the drama.
4. Repeat this Stuart-Smalley-sounding mantra for five or ten minutes, two or three times daily: I forgive myself. My self forgives me. I forgive others, and others forgive me.
Another one: I am an electrode of love and forgiveness.
5. Remember that I sometimes project the movie of my own nonsense on the movie screens of others, and that it might be a good idea to stop it.
6. Pretend that you are truly and finally forgiven for your blunders, and that your job on Earth is to forgive everyone else for theirs. This is just a “pretend” exercise, please don’t debate me on this one. Thank you!
7. Be at peace. Relax. Breathe. Think positive thoughts. Have an ice cream. Lactose intolerant? Have a cookie!